988 - Call, Text, or Chat
Anyone could be struggling with suicide
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
988 has been designated as the new three-digit dialing code that will route callers to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (now known as the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline), and is now active across the United States
- Help Prevent Suicide
The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals in the United States.
- What Happens When You Call?
- First you'll hear an automated message featuring additional options while your call is routed to your local Lifeline network crisis center.
- Music will play while you are waiting to connect to a trained crisis worker.
- A trained crisis worker at your local center will answer the phone.
- This person will listen to you, understand how your problem is affecting you, provide support, and get you the help you need.